Wednesday, June 12, 2013

AWAY WITH THE “RUSSIA DAY”!


This entry is being posted on my blog on June 12th, 2013, the so-called “Russia Day”.

When last year, on this day, I wrote the disdainful entry “Russia Day”, I was sincerely hoping that one year later I would not have to write anything about this shameful blight, for the reason of its better-late-than-never retirement. No such luck. The sad embarrassment called “Russia Day” lingers on, as if some pusillanimous hearts in the higher-up Russian circles are loath to erase a sacrilegious profanity just because it contains a sacred word in it. What kind of excuse is this anyway?

Should I lament about this ignominy again and again? Or should I appeal, in the erstwhile words of Voltaire:
 
Mr. Putin, Écrasez l’Infâme!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment