Saturday, September 14, 2013

GALINA SEDOVA’S BULGAKOV. ALEXANDER’S INTRODUCTION.


For my reader’s attention. From this point on, for some time, I will be posting portions of my wife Galina’s provocative and downright revolutionary literary essay on Mikhail Afanasievich Bulgakov’s novel Master and Margarita.

Galina Sedova worked as a research fellow at the Lenin State Library in Moscow and also taught German to Lenin Library staff and to media executives at the State Committee for Radio and Television in Moscow.

I strongly recommend Galina’s essay to all those who have read Bulgakov’s masterpiece. As for those who haven’t, the obvious suggestion is to read it right away, alongside Galina’s essay. Master and Margarita is a must-read book for every civilized human being of every nation, and I dare say the present essay offers a priceless insight into M. A. Bulgakov’s creative genius.

P.S. Galina's original text is in Russian. As my computer does not have a Cyrillic keyboard, I did the translation into English, to make the posting easier, and also to reach a broader audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment