Thursday, September 15, 2016

GALINA SEDOVA’S BULGAKOV. CCLXVII.


A Letter To My Reader.
 

I am now beginning Phase Two of my work originally titled A Chapter On Bulgakov. This work has expanded, hasn’t it? It is now many chapters.

Even though I have not received a single feedback during all this time, -- having pushed my hobbies out of the way, such as my studies of beloved homoeopathy, reading books on subjects not related to the present effort, pursuing my avid interest in Russian history, and of course hiking in the mountains of Santa Susana, -- I have committed myself wholly to this Bulgakov project.

Having received an opportunity, thanks to Bulgakov, to spread the word about the great Russian culture, which is an honorable task in itself, especially in this time of extreme Russophobia in the so-called “free world,” I am grateful for the opportunity of being able to post my work, which I am doing through my husband’s blog.

I am working with Russian texts and writing in Russian. I wish to thank my best friend and husband of 44+ years for his remarkable contribution to this important and interesting for both of us work. Without his translation of great Russian poetry, and of my own writing, I would not have been able to post any of this.

He has to translate from very raw drafts, as I have so much material accumulated in my head by now that I am afraid I may not have time enough left to write it all down. Alexander calls this my fountain…

In the second phase of my spontaneous Chapter on Bulgakov, I intend to post in installments, two promised chapters: Strangers in the Night and Margarita Beyond Good and Evil.

The reader can expect new serious and exciting revelations and discoveries.

Sincerely,
Galina Sedova.

PS:

Earlier this year I celebrated the 125th Anniversary of Bulgakov’s birth by posting my chapter The Theatrical Novel (A Dress Rehearsal To Master and Margarita). Just the other day I learned from the Internet that Bulgakov’s anniversary is being celebrated, among other places, in Latvia. His works have now become part of the Latvian High School Curriculum. I applaud this decision of the Latvian Educational Authorities and feel exhilarated that my well-justified preoccupation with Bulgakov is spreading so dramatically outside Russia.

No comments:

Post a Comment