Saturday, July 15, 2017

GALINA SEDOVA. A CHAPTER ON BULGAKOV. CCCLXXII



A Swallow’s Nest of Luminaries.
Introduction.


Working on my chapters Woland Identity, Strangers in the Night, Margarita Beyond Good and Evil, and also Dress Rehearsal for Master and Margarita (alias, Theatrical Novel), I was growing more and more in my understanding of M. A. Bulgakov’s creative genius as a writer, and of himself as a man.
From the very beginning I realized that Bulgakov had studded his works with so many riddles and puzzles that I would be overoptimistic to hope to solve them all.
I was immensely satisfied to have solved the main characters of Master and Margarita, namely, the “Magnificent Four” – A. S. Pushkin, M. Yu. Lermontov, V. V. Mayakovsky, and S. A. Yesenin.
All these discoveries notwithstanding, I was never ready to retire from my endeavor, as the urge of a researcher was becoming stronger and stronger in me, until eventually the material under my scrutiny would become clearer still, and I was moving farther and farther in my understanding of those same personages that I had never hoped to solve. (Such as, for instance, Marina Tsvetaeva as the prototype of Margarita, Alexander Blok and Andrei Bely as master’s prototypes, etc.)
One of such personages now opens my chapter the Swallow’s Nest of Luminaries. With another one (please bear with me, you shan’t be disappointed, quite the contrary!..) I’ll have the explosive ending of this wondrous chapter. In-between I intend to share with my readers the who’s who of the Variety Theater, and this material is going to be no less exciting than the material I had written before.
And indeed, how could it be otherwise? I am treading on virgin land here!


To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment